Give us 30 quick facts about you! And go!
- Favorite color?
All the shades of blue
- Prefered flavour of ice cream?
Burnt fig, honeycomb and caramel. It’s real, people. It’s awesome.
- V. show you could watch over and over?
I’m one and done with TV shows, also books and movies. I know, I know. I’m a freak.
- Movie you hated but everyone else loved?
Takes quite a bit for me to “hate” something. I reserve it for truly hateful things.
- Favorite book as a child?
Black Beauty – even though it was so sad!
- What do you like on your pizza?
Anything except olives – shudder
- How do you take your coffee?
In cappuccino form, often
- What’s your favorite holiday or season?
- Do you have a nickname?
Not that I’m aware of. Now you’ve made me worry
- What’s your go to candy choice?
Anything covered in chocolate
- Best advice you ever received?
Eat the elephant one bite at a time
- Worst advice you ever got?
Anytime someone tries to give me a recipe. I am a kitchen disaster. They’ll say, it’s
easy and I’ll think of what can end up on the ceiling.
- Something you always say?
Get off that, closely followed by get down but not in a jivey way. Cats, man.
- Name a pet peeve of yours.
Telesales calls. The fact that a food truck drives past my street every day but does
not stop. It’s just cruel
- What are you currently reading?
There are hundreds of books I should be reading but I’m in a giant slump. Haven’t
stopped buying books though
- What was the best gift you ever received?
A 1967 red Toyota Corona that had been dumped by the owner. He said if you can tow
it, you can have it. I towed it. I later sank it in a flood but that’s a whole other story.
- If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be?
Somewhere lush and tropical with a poolside cabana reserved in my name and no
interruptions, except for food and massages
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Give me the darkness
- Do you write full time?
I wish. I do write my day job though. Some of it would put you to sleep worse than my
- Name one of your hobbies.
Pilates, it keeps me strong and reminds me to breathe
- Do you have any pets? Names?
I have two Main Coon cats. Harley and Rose. They’re brother and sister.
- Do your family/friends know you write?
My family do not know. Shhh!
- Who’s your author idol?
So many awesome writers. I’m currently fascinated by Sarina Bowen and Talia
- What would you say to them if you had the chance to meet them?
Please be my friend. And then I’d try not to be pathetic.
- Favorite reading genre?
- Least favorite reading genre?
- Favorite board or card game?
Poker – five card
- Name something you regret not saying or doing.
I’d like to have travelled more when I was younger
- How many books have you read?
It’s never occurred to me to count them. Let’s go with oodles and oodles. Mill-oodles.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Decided to write my first book. What was I thinking? And then I kept doing it.
Connect with Ainslie Paton!
Finley Cartwright is the queen of lost causes. That’s why she’s standing on a barstool trying to convince Friday night drinkers to donate money to a failing charity. Hitting on the guy on the next stool wasn’t part of her plan. Still, hot but grumpy venture capitalist Caleb Sherwood might just be her ticket to success.
Professional grifter and modern-day Robin Hood, Cal Sherwood is looking for a partner for a long con. Sexy Fin, doing her best Marilyn Monroe act for her cause, has the necessary qualifications. By the time he cuts her free, her charity would be thriving, and she’d have helped him charm billions out of arrogant, gullible marks to fund his social justice causes.
But just when he thinks he’s about to pull off the best con ever, his feisty new partner gets the upper hand.