We welcome Donna Grant to Once Upon An Alpha! We want to thank Donna so much for stopping and answering some fast and fun questions for us, so we can get to know her better! And here we go…
- Favorite color? Black
- Prefered flavour of ice cream? Coffee ice cream
- T.V. show you could watch over and over? Supernatural
- Movie you hated but everyone else loved? Gravity
- Favorite book as a child? Soooooooo many
- What do you like on your pizza? Pepperoni, green peppers, and onions
- How do you take your coffee? With a lot of sugar and cream
- What’s your favorite holiday or season? Hands down Christmas, though Halloween is a close second
- Do you have a nickname? no
- What’s your go to candy choice? Twizzlers
- Best advice you ever received? To follow my heart
- Something you always say? Everything happens for a reason
- Name a pet peeve of yours. Slow drivers in the fast lane
- What was the best gift you ever received? A ring of the Paris skyline
- If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be? Venice
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Both, actually
- Do you write full time? Yes
- Name one of your hobbies. Movie junkie
- Do you have any pets? Names? 4 cats and a dog (Sheba, Sassy, Diego, Valentine, and Sisko)
- Do your family/friends know you write? Absolutely
- Who’s your author idol? Too many to name
- Favorite reading genre? Romance and thrillers
- Least favorite reading genre? Non-fiction anything
- Favorite board or card game? Backgammon, but I love all games/card games
- Name something you regret not saying or doing. I try to live with no regrets
- How many books have you read? Lol. I don’t think I could count them
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Oh. That’s a secret only my SO knows.
Connect with Donna Grant and check out her newest release: MY FAVORITE COWBOY
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.
In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst of fresh air” by the San Francisco Book Review. Her work has been hailed as having “deft plotting and expert characterization” by Publisher’s Weekly and “sizzling” by RT Book Reviews.
She has been recognized with awards from both bookseller and reader contests including the National Reader’s Choice Award, Booksellers Best Award, as well as the coveted K.I.S.S. Award from RT Book Reviews.
Donna travels often for various speaking engagements, conferences, and book signings. She is also a frequent workshop presenter at national conferences such as RT Book Lovers Convention and Thrillerfest, as well as local chapters.
Born and raised in Texas, she also has ties across the border in Louisiana. Growing up with two such vibrant cultures, her Cajun side of the family taught her the “spicy” side of life while her Texas roots gave her two-steppin’ and bareback riding. She is never far from her faithful 80 pound dog, Sisko, or her three cats. She can often be found at the movies or bookstore with her children. Or buying makeup. And shoes.
Audrey Martinez is a veterinarian who has devoted her whole life to the care and protection of horses—even if doing so leaves her little time for meeting a man. Who would have thought that a strange case of criminal horseplay would lead her to falling deeply, wildly in love? If only the man who makes her heart race faster than a wild mustang would let his guard down, that is. . .
Caleb Harper is no ordinary cowboy. Sure, he wears his hat, boots, and jeans like a second skin, and displays an easygoing charm that comes from years of working on the ranch. But with his military background, and Army buddies at his side, he is tried-and-true Texas tough. Audrey knows she can trust a man like Caleb to help her save horses. But can Caleb trust himself to resist his attraction to Audrey—or will the sparks of their desire end up getting them burned?